Today is the day! The day I start my new health, fitness, weight loss and well being journey.
This is me in all my glory. On a regular Sunday, around the house, cooking and cleaning. Face not beat. Hair not slicked. Showing all I have to offer. Looking hencher from the back than some of the mandem lol! Belly so heavy now, I can’t see my curves from the front. Bwoi!
I’ve been meaning to take my before pictures for a while and thought if I don’t get it out of the way now, I don’t know when I’ll do it. I’m not making fun of myself because I’m trying to make a change, that’s just the way I talk. It is what it is. But I thought I would share this time around, for accountability on my part, and for possible support and motivation for everyone else.
THIS IS ME
I have managed to lose 4.5 lbs over the last few weeks and I am now 238 lbs, that’s 17st. This is the heaviest I have ever been! My weight has gone up and down over the years and this is going to be hard for me. Weight for me has been a way to avoid attention and a form of protection from being hurt. I could go about my day as if I was near enough invisible but right now, I am ready to live my best life and feel free enough to do so.
Food on the other hand, food is EVERYTHING!
- The way I socialise
- When I get money, I go to eat
- When I’m feeling low
- Most all, PLEASURE ❤
Did you notice that I never mentioned health? This is what I’m working towards, eating for health. None of the reasons to eat that I’ve mentioned above are wrong as long as healthy choices makes up the majority of my diet.
My ultimate goal is 10.5 stones, that was my weight after having my son. But in all honesty, I’ve been carrying extra weight with me so long I don’t know how I would feel being so small so I would have to see how I feel as I begin dropping the weight. I have managed to lose weight more than once before but would find myself sabotaging my progress when I noticed changes in my body for some reason that I didn’t understand too much before but I get it now and will take it one day at a time.
HOW I PLAN TO ACHIEVE MY GOALS
- I have enlisted the help of a friend from primary school who has recently qualified as a personal trainer (IG: Jenfiyahdance). She has created a diet plan for me to follow for my first month to begin with.
- I will try my best to incorporate water into my diet. As a beauty therapist, we advise clients to have 1.5- 2 litres of water a day and it has always been something I have struggled to do myself.
- Increase my physical activity by at least 15 minutes a day to start off with. That should be achievable for me going from hardly any exercise. I actually like walking, but the weather is not the best at the moment so I found a restorative yoga and meditation on YouTube that I want to try. The stretching will be good for my sciatica and is quite a relaxing practice.
- Eat as natural as possible to control sugar and salt content.
- Most importantly, not to get weighed every week. Every day is not going to be a good day, and my weight will fluctuate so it’s better for me to check my progress either every couple of weeks or even monthly.
Well, that’s me and I hope you enjoy my weekly posts. If you have any tips, stories or experiences to share that would be great. Until next time.
Forever learning and evolving,